NST: 'Sotong ride' incident: Selangor MB wants investigation, report on safety aspects
SHAH ALAM: The state government has ordered a full investigation into and report of the "sotong ride" fun fair incident in Puncak Alam that saw three people injured when they were thrown off.
Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said the local government needed to look into the safety aspects so there would be no recurrence of the incident.
"Even though it only involved injuries and not loss of life, everyone needs to be responsible for this and the local government needs to be more aware and check the procedures and approvals given.
"Whether it's fun fairs, theme parks or anything else, they need to get the necessary approvals and permits because many people attend these things.
"You can be sure I will be checking up on this from the point of laws and regulations so that this sort of thing does not recur," he said when asked to comment on the incident, after attending an appreciation function for the Jelajah Ehsan Rakyat at Wisma PKPS.
He said the fact that the Kuala Selangor Municipal Council did not approve a permit for the fun fair showed that it was concerned about the people's safety.
It was reported earlier that the fun fair was operating without a licence and continued to do so even after a notice of seizure was issued by the council on Nov 29.
Two women and an 11-year-old child were injured yesterday when they were thrown out of the "sotong ride" at the fun fair yesterday.