Selangor Journal: Selangor to focus on 8 aspects to push digital entrepreneurship
SHAH ALAM, Jan 13 — The Selangor government has outlined eight main aspects to ensure the digitalisation of entrepreneurs and small traders.
State executive councillor for entrepreneur development Rodziah Ismail said the aspects were set during a recent work retreat session with industry players where the direction for her portfolio was discussed.
She explained that digital-savviness is crucial during these times to help entrepreneurs and business people in generating income, especially while facing the economic threat posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
“The Covid-19 outbreak in the country since last year has opened up a new chapter for business and trade strategies for Selangor.
“Starting with micro businesses operating from home to the small- and medium-sized enterprises, the application of digital know-hows to conduct their businesses has given those who are still struggling to find a way out a new lease of life,” she said during a press conference at De’ Palma Hotel here yesterday.
The aspects outlined are as follows:
1. Licensing — Assess or reform a new licensing policy that needs to be enforced
2. Loans — Not to be focused only on loans in the form of money, cash or financial assistance, but assist business owners in terms of the equipment required for their businesses
3. E-wallet — Ensure that business owners or traders use e-wallets (for transaction) so that they are ready to transition into a cashless society by next year
4. Marketing — Encourage businesses to use online marketing platforms namely the Selangor Digital e-Supply Chain (Seldec) and Koperasi Wisma Kohijrah Selangor Berhad (Kohijrah)
5. Advertising — Establish an integrated platform to facilitate the process of marketing, publicity and advertising
6. Social media — Increase product marketing or entrepreneurial development programmes on social media platforms
7. Influencers — Collaborate with the community of (social media) influencers to promote local enterprising products and entrepreneurial programmes
8. Jelajah Usahawan Digital Selangor (Selangor Digital Entrepreneur Roadshow) — Continue this outreach programme by working closely with local authorities to convey the information to the local communities so that more people can take part in the suitable programmes