Selangor Journal: Bridging digital divide, ImuniSel to help Selangor people sign-up for Covid-19 vaccine
SHAH ALAM, April 6 — The Selangor Covid-19 Immunisation Outreach Programme (ImuniSel) aims to solve the digital divide among its people, which reflects the vaccine registration rate of less than half in the state.
Selangor Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari in a Facebook post today said the programme, which was launched on Sunday, was initiated as 2019 data by the Statistics Department found 37 per cent of the Selangor households lack access to smartphones.
“Through this programme, we will help these groups to register manually for the vaccine via the counters and the ImuniSel cards provides.
“We hope that with this programme, more people will have the awareness to sign-up to get vaccinated,” he said.
With only a 44 per cent Covid-19 vaccine registration rate in Selangor as of April 3, the state government found that 90 per cent of the elderly group have yet to sign-up for the national immunisation programme.
An infographic shared by the Selangor government stated that among the factors that could lead to the digital gap include lacking suitable gadget, insufficient knowledge in using the online platform, or limited internet access.
District offices, local authorities, parliament and state assemblymen community centres, council members and community heads will actively help out in executing the campaign, while volunteers will help targeted groups in the state with the registration process using the Imunisel application that can be accessed offline.
The following is the implementation process of the ImuniSel campaign:
– Volunteers will be mobilised throughout the state to collect information and register the applicants via the Imunisel application
– Fixed and temporary counters
Imunisel registration booths will be set up at several locations, such as night markets and selected convenience stores
2. Vaccination appointment
– Village heads will personally deliver the message
– Those with smartphones can scan the QR code on the ImuniSel card provided, which will display the details of the vaccine appointment
– Call the hotline at 03-5650 0501 or 03-5650 0502 for the vaccine appointment details
– The targeted groups come forth to be inoculated.
For further information, visit www.imunisel.my.