Selangor COVID-19 Medium Term Strategy for Non-Muslim Places of Worship
I would like to share guidelines on operating non-Muslim places of worship in Selangor after the media statement issued by Kementerian Perpaduan Negara. It is hoped that visitors to places of worship self-regulate these guidelines as common courtesy in the times of COVID-19.
Visitors are advised to do a self- assessment before visiting places of worship. Please avoid visiting temples or religious institutions if you fall under these descriptions:
- Obesity III (BMI of 40 or above ~ Weight above approximately 100kg for aperson 1.6 m in height)
- Severe hypertension or diabetes mellitus (e.g., requiring 3 or moredifferent medications, insulin, OR multiple hospitalizations)
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Hemoglobin disorders, such as thalassemia
- Immunocompromised (weakened immune system), including cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, HIV, prolonged use of steroids
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Serious heart conditions, including heart failure, coronary artery disease,congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathies, and pulmonary hypertension
- Chronic kidney disease being treated with dialysis
- Chronic lung disease, including severe asthma
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines and please be mindful of others around you. May all us be protected in our spiritual and religious activities in this pandemic.