NST: List of retail sectors allowed to open during MCO 3.0
KUALA LUMPUR: The government has clarified that the retail sectors are allowed to open for business during the current Movement Control Order 3.0 from June 1 to 14.
In a statement today, the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry shared a list of the business categories allowed to operate.
The categories are as follows:
1. Supermarkets/hypermarkets are limited to the food and beverage/basic necessities section
2. Departmental Store is limited to the food and beverage/basic necessities section
3. Pharmacy/personal care store
4. Convenience Store/mini market
5. Grocery store
6. Restaurants and Eateries
7. Laundry (including self-service)
8. Petrol station
9. Pet Care and Food Stores
10. Eyewear and Optical Goods Store
11. Hardware shop
12. Vehicle Workshop, Maintenance and Spare Parts
13. E-commerce (for all product categories)
14. Wholesale and Distribution for necessary service product categories only
"Business premises categorised as above are allowed to operate by first applying for a letter of permission to operate through the CIMS-MITI (International Trade and Industry Ministry) system.
"Each business premises must ensure in which category they belong to and comply with the restrictions for that category as stated in the SOP.
"Enforcement will be implemented based on the activities allowed for each category in the SOP," the statement read.